Using the Live Preview
The Live Preview function is a key function of JitBlox. The Live Preview runs your final application and will stay up-to-date with any changes you make to your application, in real-time. The preview will remain available as long as you have the designer active (we will allow them to be persisted in the future). You can even open it a different browser or on any other device*(!), all at the same time.
* Live Preview is not available on older browsers, such as Internet Explorer. Please refer to browser support for details.
Opening the preview in other browsers
Each preview session has a unique URL. As long as a project is open in the designer, this URL can be opened on any internet-connected device with a recent browser. You can get the URL:
- By opening the preview and simply copying the URL from your browser's address bar.
- By copying the link address of the Live Preview button.
If your project is set to private, you will need to login on the other browser as well. Sharing private projects with others will be possible in the future.
In some rare occasions, the preview may not be updated with changes you make in the designer. This can be caused by network hickups or by exceptions in the application. Even though JitBlox tries to generate code that is as free from errors, there may always be input that is unexpected or which causes unexpectd behaviour in other frameworks. If a problem occurs, we recommend the following steps:
- Refresh the preview window.
- If this doesn't help, inspect the designer 's output pane and check if there are any warnings or errors that need to be resolved.
- If there are no errors or warnings, try refreshing the designer window.